|Type of scheme||Private|
|Nominal number of sharers||12|
|Year of build||2001|
|Home mooring (2018)||Droitwich Spa Marina|
Hanbury Road, Droitwich Spa, Worcestershire WR9 7DU
|Engine Type (last known||BMC 1800|
|Berths||2 + 2|
|Change over day||Saturday|
|Are pets allowed||Yes|
|Is smoking allowed inside||No|
|Booking system||Week are selected on a rota basis (where below is based on a 12th share).|
Each member chooses 2 peak and 1 off-peak week in turn
according to the rota. At the end of this round of selection,
the order is reversed for selecting the 4th week.
Each year, members are moved 5 places around (imagine a clock face).
The process usually starts in July and is generally completed by
October for the following calendar year
|Priority for school holidays||Two shares can get priority for school holiday weeks,|
paying a premium of 10% ON THE RUNNING COSTS
for this over the normal annual costs.
General Comments About the Boat
- Graham Reeves Steel Hull and fit out by John Milburn (Construction 2001)
- BMC 1.8 engine(Refurbished 2012)
- Cruiser Stern 2+2 Reverse Layout
- Rear deck with hinged engine access on damper struts
- Front deck with access to water tank, storage for 2 gas bottles, mooring gear and hose
Inside, from the rear:
- Saloon with Bed-settee, dining table and 4 chairs, cupboards, TV/DVD player, Radio/CD player, car phone, Stove
- Galley with gas grill & oven, gas hob, under-counter fridge with small freezer compartment, side hatch
- Bathroom with pump-out loo and bath with shower
- Bedroom with extendable fixed double bed, concealed vanity unit, wardrobe and under-bed drawers
- Central Heating
- Multi-fuel Stove
- Hot water provided by CH boiler and Engine
- 12V & 240V (via shore power line)
- Gold CRT Licence and Retainer RCR membership
- Last Painted and Blacked in 2014
- Boat Safety Certificate Expires April 2022
- Private self-managed syndicate with 12 shares in the boat, each entitled to 4 weeks/year
- 2 special shares entitled to 3 school holiday weeks are available for an additional 10%
- Change-over on Saturday at mid-day
- Pets allowed
- Smoking inside the cabin not allowed
Pictures of the boat
Specific details for the share offered
|Size of share as a percentage or fraction||12th|
|Price in UK Pounds||£2,300|
|Reason for selling||I have started a boat moving business and no |
longer have the time to use my share on Orchid
|Pre-booked weeks included||18 April 2020|
9 May 2020
5 Sep 2020
14 Nov 2020
|Holiday entitlement with share offered here.||Four weeks per annum|
|School holiday option possible?||No|
|Running costs for 2019/20|
(How do these figures compare?
Link opens new window)
|Over the previous 3 years running costs |
have been £800 per share per year.
|How are the running costs to be apportioned||I would ask the incoming owner to take over the |
contribution from purchase.
We pay as the funds are needed
and called for.
As a rule £200.00 four times a year.
(I will pay any costs for the remainder of 2019.
The purchaser will begin to pay their share in 2020.)
|Contact details for firstname.lastname@example.org|
or 07885 811600
General comments by vendor
I have been a shareholder since 2011 and have travelled around large parts of the canal system.
The system in place for booking weeks, for servicing and repairs works very well. Regular servicing means that repairs are infrequent. I have paid my £800 every year since 2011 which has covered all boat expenses.
The only other costs are for fuel and wood or coal. I have paid £30 - £70 per week's holiday for this depending on distance covered and time of year.
Other Shares For Sale
If you cannot find a share to suit please joining our mailing list and be amongst the first to be advised when new shares come up for sale.